Board Effectiveness Reviews
Custom board evaluation to confirm strategic objectives, improve performance and develop your collective skill-sets
Our Board reviews apply governance principles in a practical way that is fit for purpose for individual organisations rather than taking a “one size fits all” approach.
We have extensive experience working with listed companies, governments as well as private, family-controlled organisations around the world. Our experience provides us with a keen appreciation of the nuances of international boards no matter what industry sector your organisation is in.
about Our board reviews
You’ll receive a data-driven board evaluation document on the performance of individual directors, and the board as a whole. We then provide ongoing constructive feedback to aid board development, improved director performance and facilitation of superior corporate governance.
board review methodology
Our board review methodology consists of a combination of:
- Desktop review of documentation
- Online quantitative surveys and qualitative data reviews
- Qualitative interviews with key personnel to be conducted by Integrity Governance
- Initial debrief with Chairman
- Facilitated workshop with the board
- Delivery of a written report with recommendations
board review outcomes
Completing a review of the board and organisation’s performance, structure and processes in relation to best practice.
A. Detailed assessment of the effectiveness of the current operation of the board
B. High level assessment of the effectiveness of the current operation of the organisation
C. A facilitated board workshop linked to a board meeting to review findings, catalyse discussions and to support the board in next steps
D. A final written report on the performance and development needs of the board and organisation
WHY INSTIGATE A BOARD REVIEW?
Company directors should evaluate themselves and their performance annually. Engaging a reviewer can help introduce greater objectivity to the process, as well providing reassurance for stakeholders that directors are taking their responsibilities seriously enough to maintain trust from investors/customers.
A board review will:
- Increase trust and accountability among stakeholders
- Elevate board performance
- Provide directors with clear insights on how they can better their performance
- Help guard your business from corporate governance risks
- Achieve quantifiable improvements in output from board meetings
- Ensure your company is operating at optimum efficiency and delivering on its commitments/goals
- Increase shareholder value through improved board and company performance
- Broaden board and management knowledge horizons
- Provide a simple and objective picture of your current governance practices
- Teach more effectively by showing you what is actually happening
benchmarking your board
Integrity Governance has been conducting reviews of boards of corporate directors around the world for over fifteen years. We have developed a comprehensive dataset to enable us to benchmark the performance of boards across a range of sectors and ownership structures. As a gesture of goodwill, Integrity Governance will provide director benchmarking for the board at no extra charge across a range of performance criteria:
- Board’s role and responsibilities
- Board’s role in strategy
- Board’s knowledge and understanding (of operational and the environment)
- Risk management and performance monitoring
- Role of Management
- Information flows
- Key relationships
- Analysis of board committees
- Performance assessment of the Chairman
- Performance assessment of the CEO and senior leaders (if deemed appropriate)
- Performance assessment of the Company Secretary (if deemed appropriate)
- Succession Planning